Legal and Regulatory
About this Website
1.My Property Protect and its affiliated and subsidiary businesses and firms, means NB Lawyers, No Borders Legal Advocates, its affiliated and subsidiary businesses and firms, including the Australian Partnership, (but not any firm with whom we have an association or alliance).
- If you have a specific legal question please direct it to one of our lawyers. The materials contained on the My Property Protect website are of a general informational nature only and such information does not constitute legal or professional advice and therefore cannot be relied on as such.
- No client-lawyer relationship between you and any My Property Protect entity or any affiliated businesses and firms, is or may be created by your access to or use of the website or any information contained there. The only way to become our client is through a mutual agreement in writing after we have completed our standard new business process.
- If you are interested in asking us to represent you, please call us, email us or otherwise contact us so that we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. The telephone numbers for our offices are listed on our website. If you submit information to us by email or otherwise, you acknowledge that it will not be considered to be confidential. We reserve the right to decline any representation if it would create a conflict of interest with any of our current or former clients.
- To the extent permitted by law, we do not accept responsibility for any loss which may arise from reliance on information contained in our website pages. Furthermore, My Property Protect or its related entities do not endorse or accepts responsibility for the material of any website referred to or accessed
through our websites.
- Subject to any applicable law to the contrary which cannot be excluded, any liability incurred in relation to the information on this website is limited to the resupply of the information or the reasonable cost of having the information resupplied.
- Under no circumstances will any My Property Protect or its related entities be liable for any incidental, special or consequential damages, including damages for loss of business or other profits arising in relation to the information on this website.
- You may only access and download the contents of the pages on our websites on a temporary basis and for the sole purpose of viewing such information. You may not permanently copy or reproduce any part of the contents of the pages on our websites without our prior written permission.
- This site is protected by copyright and database right, both of which are owned by My Property Protect. You shall not publish, transmit or reproduce or otherwise use any image featured on this website otherwise than for personal use.
- Subject to any local laws that cannot be excluded, the law applicable to use of the material and information contained on this website and to disputes arising out of such material and information is the law of Queensland, Australia.
- Publication of electronic addresses on My Property Protect website is for the purpose of professional communication only and must not be used to infer consent to the receipt of unsolicited commercial electronic messages.
- My Property Protect and its entities are not either advertising legal services nor representing that any My Property Protect or its related entities holds the relevant authorisations and permissions necessary to provide legal advice in all jurisdictions in which the information contained on
this website may be received.
- Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and ‘Get Acrobat Reader’ logo are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
- We outsource to selected specialist service providers from time such as Barristers and other legal service providers
- Pursuant to our obligations under the anti-money laundering laws and our professional obligations in the countries in which we operate, if you instruct us, we will use various available sources of information to establish certain matters about you, such as verifying your identity, including electronic
Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption Laws
- We have anti-bribery and anti-corruption policies and procedures which apply to all our employees. These policies prohibit the making, offering or promising to make a payment or transfer anything of value, including the provision of any service, gift or entertainment, on our behalf, by all such employees, for any improper purpose or business advantage. These policies apply to dealings by our employees with all third parties on our behalf. They specifically prohibit such dealings with government personnel and other officials for the purpose of improperly obtaining or retaining business
or for any other improper purpose or business advantage.
Scams and Fraud
- Please be aware that criminals may pose as someone from My Property Protect, in order to carry out scams or frauds. These scams will often originate by email, and usually involve offering a large sum of money to the victim (such as an inheritance, unclaimed bank funds, lottery wins, or even loans), in return for paying a more modest sum, often referred to as transaction fees or brokering costs. Key to the scam is the entering into any form of communication with the victim.
- If you receive an email of this nature claiming to be from My Property Protect, do not correspond with the sender. It is highly unlikely that it originates from any My Property Protect entity.